He is the son of late U Kyaw Nyein (former Deputy Prime Minister). Active in Burma’s pro-democracy movements since 1974 U Thant Uprising;
- Imprisoned along with his younger brother Bo Bo Kyaw Nyein from 1974-79
- Studied at the Institute of Medicine (I) Rangoon
- Earned M.B., B.S. (Rangoon)
- MS (Western Illinois University) and
- Ph.D. in Health Education (University of Tennessee)
- Former Professor and Currently Administrator with the North Carolina Central University
- Also spoke person for
"Concerned Burmese Physicians and Professionals"
I will be interviewing people I meet on my trip and post the videos on my blog as soon as they are available.